Sunday 21 May 2006

A Good Deed

While doing my shopping on Saturday I went to my regular fruit and vegie shop to pick up some things for a salad. I managed to snag one of the only hand baskets left and proceeded to wander through the shop.

Because it was so busy, I decided that I would buy my salad stuff later and started to walk out of the shop. On my way out, I saw an elderly lady struggling with a large armful of vegies while her husband who was standing next to her was holding nothing, so I offered her my handbasket.

When I went back to my car, I found $5 on the ground.

It just goes to show that karma is out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww nice good deed indeed!

I wonder if you had put that $5 in a charity tin, whether you would've found double, triple, quadruple, that when you returned! hrmm!

Personally I would've probably just kept the fiver hehe...