Thursday 1 February 2007

Uniform Joke

Work has changed uniform suppliers and I was measured for my uniform in April last year (that is 10 months ago) and I have not yet been able to wear it! I have recieved 4 shirts - none of which fit me properly and there is no sign of my skirts.

The shirts are too tight across my shoulders so when I reach both arms out in front of me, it pulls tightly across my back and sleeves. Also, the front sits several inches higher than the back. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a couple of obstacles in the way - boobs!

These people are supposed to be professionals, yet they told me to take the shirts to a clothing alterer to have them fixed - wtf? How on earth are they supposed to make shirts bigger across the shoulders without starting from scratch? There is no spare material, so they can't let any hems out.

Anyway, I went to the clothing alteration place, and guess what? They can't fix it! What a waste of time that was! So now they are going to supply the material to me and I will have someone else make the shirt's - without a pattern - but thankfully not to my cost.

If you couldn't think things could be worse, they can...

One of the admin ladies is also made to measure, but has been lucky enough that her shirts were made too large for her, so she can have them taken in. Up until today she hadn't received her skirts. She made a point of coming down and showing it to me when it arrived - it was huge! She tried it on but it was that big, it would have easily slid to the floor if she didn't have a hold of it! It was almost as wide as it is long.

If we need a parachute, we know where to look!

No comments: