Monday 2 February 2009

Movie Review: Changeling

I didn't know what to expect from this movie, I mean, I've only ever seen Angelina Jolie in action flicks - Tomb Raider and Mr & Mrs Smith - for me, another actress would have suited the role better. Don't get me wrong, I liked this film and Angelina was good in it, but throughout the entire movie I was constantly distracted by those lips - they are ridiculously out of proportion to the rest of her face.

It's still a good movie. Very moving and a terrible subject, but definitely worth seeing.

Plot: Christine Collins, a single mother working in 1928 Los Angeles when her son goes missing. A boy is returned to her months later by the police, but she is shocked and disheartened when she realizes that the boy isn't her son. Joined by a crusading pastor (John Malkovich), Christine battles for justice against the corrupt L.A.P.D. while she continues to search for her child. Eventually her fight against the cops lands her in a mental hospital, where she is surrounded by others with a similar plight.

No comments: