Sunday 8 May 2011

Moore River

For Mother's Day this year we all headed up to Moore River for the day.  Luckily we got there early and got a good position before it got too crowded.

On the way there, my step dad decided he wanted to go see the lighthouse.  Only problem was it only had a sandy track.  Both cars got bogged.  It took 10 minutes for my step dad to get his car turned around (he has a Honda CRV which is all wheel drive) but my brother in law took nearly 30 minutes (he has a Hyundai Elantra). 

He tried to floor it up to the top of the hill but got bogged even more when trying to turn around.  I stayed down the hill with the girls.  We were having a good old laugh because every time he accelerated, sand would spew out from the back tires and cover my step dad, mum and sister with sand.

It was a lovely day, if cloudy.  I got some good snaps on my camera and the girls had a blast.


No comments: