Sunday 12 February 2006

A Night Out

I went out for drinks Friday night after work with Ace & another work colleague, to celebrate his birthday from the week before and also to celebrate him leaving our department for greener pastures.

We went to Bar On Barracks, which I never knew existed, even though I walk right past it at least once a week when I'm on my lunch break.

The plan was to have a couple of drinks, stay a couple of hours, then head on home on the train. Needless to say, that didn't happen.

I ended up having Baileys, a Southern Comfort & coke, a Cocksucking Cowboy, a triple shot of Southern Comfort & coke in a pint glass (I asked for a double but the bar guy must have liked me because I saw him put in 3) and another Southern Comfort & coke. So, how many standard drinks is that in a little over 2 hours? *wince*

We walked our colleague back to the car park, and then she offered to drop us both at the train station on her way past. Then Ace piped up and asked if she could drop him home if he chipped in $20 for fuel. She said yes and asked me if I wanted to come for the drive. I thought why the hell not. So it turned into a road trip because Ace lives down Rockingham way.

We got to Ace's place just before midnight, had another drink (I had Vodka & coke - I haven't drunk Vodka in years!) then headed home.

I drove the 5 minutes it takes from the train station home (I know, I know. I shouldn't drink and drive) at the decent time of 1.30am.

I wasn't tired at all and stayed up until sunrise, cleaning my room, then went to bed. I only managed 2 hours of sleep before I was up cleaning the rest of the house.

Now I'm going to head off to bed and sleep like the dead.

No comments: