Sunday 27 August 2006

Sitting On Babies

I babysat last night for Ace and his wife, even though he said he would never leave me alone with his kids - don't know why really, I only suggested that he lock them in the boot of his car so he could clean up the house! I even said I would bring my own hammer and rope (to get them off to sleep & to stay in their beds) *evil grin*

Now, those who know me, know I'm not a 'kid' person and would be shocked that I would subject myself voluntarily to this type of torture. I am not maternal or clucky - never have been and never will be - screaming kids and crying babies are my worse nightmare.

I settled myself down and watched tv. Not 10 minutes after they left, they were back again. Ace's wife came back to change clothes as she was wearing a costume, but was sent a message that nobody else had bothered to get dressed up- and then they were off again.

I was watching my Harry Potter dvd when I became aware of someone standing next to me - it was Ace and a friend - dropping in to pick up some more alcohol because they had run out at the party and the bottle shops were closed as it was midnight.

It was after 3am when they finally arrived home and by the time I got home it was 4am.

I didn't even have to get my hammer or rope to keep the kids in bed! :)

No comments: