Tuesday 23 January 2007

Work News

To maintain confidentiality I won't use names, (for those of you who know me, you will know exactly who I'm talking about and possibly be cheering with me *YAY!*) but or those of you who don't a bit of background info first...

I work in a call centre taking inbound calls (not one of those pesky telemarketers from India) and work has been a bit of a drag for the last few months. The main reason for this has been a new team leader. He has previously worked at a large telecommunications company where everything was monitored from call recording to video monitoring - a camera mounted on your computer which recorded you while you were also being recorded via the phone. Thankfully we don't have video monitoring (yet) but we do get 'call coached' occasionally.

Prior to his arrival, we were 'call coached' once per month and it would only be for 5 calls. Initially he was listening to all of us in the team (there are 10 of us) all day every day and it wasn't just for 5 calls. Eventually, in one of our team meetings, we mentioned this to him (confronted would be more accurate) because it was stressing us all out. Since then he has toned it down.

Another thing I don't really like is that sometimes he will say some very crude things which are totally inappropriate in the workplace and quite possibly be misconstrued as sexual harassment.

Anyway, I could go on for ages about him (as a select few of us do at work), I heard from a work colleague today, who was having a heart to heart with her team leader... and although nothing 'official' has been said... he's leaving!! He will still be working for the company, but will be going out to work in one of our branches! *happy dance!!*

Here's a coincidence for you, you know the 'chain emails' you can get where if you pass it on within blah blah blah, your wish will come true? I did just that last week (not because I completely believe, but because the animations were just too cute not to share) and this is exactly what I wished for! Freaky!!

No comments: