Tuesday 10 April 2007

A Brief But Thorough Account Of My Easter Weekend

Thursday I had off work for a nice extra long weekend. I went shopping at Cannington and Midland and picked up a couple of eggs for the folks.

Friday English Lad and his girlfriend popped over to drop off some Robbie Williams Cd's I've been trying to borrow from him. It's only taken a few months - since just before his concert at the end of last year, but hey, I finally got them!

Saturday night I babysat for Ace. With his DVD player not working I had to find an alternative to putting on a DVD and sitting them in front of it. I thought about handcuffing them to their beds but figured they would be able to get out of them because their wrists are much smaller than handcuffs are intended for, plus I didn't think Ace would find it amusing. *kidding* I raided my mum's video cabinet and found a couple of Casper the Ghost video's and one of Porky Pig and put those on instead. They watched all of them without any complaints.

Sunday I woke up with a sore throat and pounding headache but I wasn't going to let that stop me from catching up with a friend for coffee later that afternoon. It didn't help that the guy sitting next to us at the cafe` was chain-smoking like there was no tomorrow. I kept getting the smoke in my face even though he was 'blowing' it in the other direction.

Monday I wasn't feeling any better but thought I would distract myself by baking. I made a yummy lemon meringue pie, some lemon tarts and some delicious banana muffins.

Overall I had a very enjoyable weekend. Can't wait for the next one come Anzac Day!

No comments: