Friday 13 April 2007

A Pleasant Surprise

I arrived at work only to discover that in my absence I had been moved to a new desk. All my stuff was moved by a thoughtful friend who had tried to set it up to how it was previously (but she failed miserably because everything was back to front!).

The previous occupant had not even cleaned the desk before leaving it. I felt I needed to put on gloves and a mask before even touching the keyboard or mouse - there was food and dust and eyelashes stuck under the keys *eeewwww*. It took about 30 minutes to clean my desk and set everything up again to how it was previously. I'm working tomorrow so I am going to steal my old keyboard and mouse from that desk because I know they are cleanish.

I had a nice surprise too though waiting for me when I arrived - flowers had been delivered to me! They were from Ace and his wife - as thanks for babysitting! It was a strange coincidence. I had been thinking it had been a while since I had last been given flowers and was going to buy some for home. How lovely and thoughtful!

No comments: