Thursday 14 June 2007

Movie Manners Rant

There is something that I find offensive and bugs the crap out of me - people who send text messages during a movie. Admit it, we all know someone who does it, I know I do.

I've been in the situation in the past, where a person sitting nearby would be sending and receiving text messages during the movie, and in some instances, answering calls because they forgot to turn their phone off.

They are nearly always female, with teenage girls being the main offenders - organising their social lives or arguing with their boyfriends (it's happened to me before). Can't they put their social lives or domestic disputes on hold for 90 minutes - long enough to enjoy the movie?!

A strategically thrown jaffa doesn't do much to curb the behaviour, but it sure makes me feel better! *evil grin*

1 comment:

morgetron said...

I strongly dislike it when people text message other people when they're having a real life conversation with you.

I haven't seen the movie texting yet, but I know people who probably do it. If they do it in the middle of a flippin' conversation, Lord know, they'd do it during a movie.

I hate cell phones.