Sunday 3 June 2007

Movie Review: Shooter

I am slowly getting through my list of 'must see while they are still showing' movies, and tonight was Shooter. It's the first time in ages that I've gone to the movies with someone other than a girlfriend.

I was picked up by Ace (on time) and treated to dinner at The Old Bailey in Joondalup. He then took me for a cruise through the Northbridge tunnel in his Evo - boy is that thing loud when he floors it! We then headed over to Innaloo and spent a fun hour in Timezone. I managed to kick his arse the first time we played one of the driving games, but then he beat me the next few times.

The movie itself was completely predictable. My attention was on Mark Wahlberg's body. He looks good in this film.

Being double demerits, Ace was sitting on the speed limit, yet we were harassed on the way home by the police.

Plot: Bob Lee Swagger, a former Army sniper who leaves the military after a mission goes bad is coaxed back into action by Col. Isaac Johnson. An internal document leaked to Johnson suggests that our nation's leader will be shot while speaking in Baltimore, Philadelphia, or Washington, D.C. Swagger is recruited to scope out the cities and search for flawless sight lines.

On the day of the assassination attempt, shots are fired. The president survives but another crucial target is hit. Johnson and crew frame Swagger, and Shooter shifts from firing-range specifics to the broad pursuits of an angry, betrayed fugitive.

No comments: