Sunday 31 August 2008

Mini High School Reunion

A mini reunion was organised for last night at The Paddo (Paddington Alehouse in Mount Lawley).

I recieved the invite via Facebook which said "Reunion at The Paddo from 8 onwards".

I arrived at 9 went inside and proceeded to look for the private function signs (as you would assume they would have up for people to gather) but couldn't find any. So I wandered around the several bar areas they have there, looking for a familiar (if somewhat older) face but couldn't find anyone after half an hour.

I went back to my car, but didn't give up at this point.

I rang another high school friend who was going to drop in to the reunion on her way home from another function but only got her voicemail. I left her a message to call me so we could go in together - she never answered.

After about an hour, I tried again, this time I even resorted to planting myself outside the toilets and still no joy.

I got chatting with a group of people who were backpacking around Australia, but ended up leaving by about 11.30.

I checked out the photos on Facebook the next day. A guy I'd had a secret crush on was there and he looks exactly the same and still does it for me.

Hopefully for the next one it will be a bit more organised.

No comments: