Wednesday 3 September 2008

Fickle Friends

How do you tell an old friend that they are behaving like a bastard? One of my friends is driving me mad. I've known him since I was in high school. We've been through a fair bit together and he's always been a bit unreliable but now it's starting to feel like an insult.

I haven't actually seen him at all for the last 2 years. He only gets in touch once in a blue moon. The last time I received a text announcing the birth of his son - great, considering I didn't even know he was in a relationship, let alone pregnant! And the time before that he called me at 2 in the morning wanting to know if I was out on the town - I was, up until he called, asleep because I was not well!!

I think the last time we actually spoke when he was supposed to be my 'date' for my friend's wedding a while ago, but cancelled literally 5 minutes before he was supposed to have been at my house to go!

I've added him as a friend on Facebook and not entirely sure if I should keep him there.

Would you say that's the behaviour of a good friend?

No comments: