Sunday 28 November 2010

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

The date didn't go as planned :(

We had planned to meet at 3 at the cafe`. I was still waiting 30 minutes later and he still wasn't there and no call. I sent him a text to find out if he was lost. Next minute he is calling me to say his car broke down and he was still at a friend's place.

"You come pick me up" - that is exactly what he said. I gave him the benefit of the doubt (English is his second language and he has not been here all that long) and went and picked him up. I got lost with his (lousy) directions because he couldn't tell me the name of the street where he was, so couldn't use my GPS. *grrr*

He wanted to go to Botanica's, for which I was seriously under dressed for considering it was a Sunday session, and it was hot!

While we were in the pub his mobile kept ringing, AND, he kept answering it. Even going outside the pub so that he could hear and leaving me sitting alone in the pub!! This happened at least 5 times while we were there and he did it each time.

Added to this, there was a band playing - I struggle with background noise so couldnt hear him, plus when I could hear him I couldn't understand his accent.

I had dinner plans at my parents so he knew that I had to leave at a certain time. He kept angling for an invitation. Um, hello... we've only just met?!

He also kept hinting that if I were to drop him home, we would be alone. I kept saying no, I would drop him back at his friend's house.

When I dropped him off, he asked me to call him when I had finished dinner. I told him I would call him when I got home, and he was like 'no, you call me when you finish dinner at your parents.' I didn't call him until I got home and he said he missed me and wanted to know if I was alone & if I could come get him?? WTF??

He kept trying to organise another date to go to the movies on Tuedsay after work. I explained several times that because of the hours I was working that week, I could only go out on the weekend, so said I could go to the movies on Saturday night, and that I would call him later in the week.

No comments: