Monday 1 March 2010

Long Drive, Long Weekend

After a shaky start, my long weekend turned out rather nicely…

My friend ‘Walrus’ and his partner Belinder (whom I am great friends with) were supposed to come up from Bunbury and stay with me so we could do some serious drinking on Saturday night. Unfortunately, a close relative passed away suddenly so they weren’t coming up. But she did invite me down.

I didn’t want to be in the traffic going down, so decided not to leave until Saturday afternoon and come back Sunday evening.

It was the first time I have actually driven to Bunbury – I mean, I’ve been there a few times, but always with someone else driving.

It was a pleasant drive, singing along to the music with not much traffic and not a cop or radar in sight!

We had a nice barbecue for dinner and enjoyed a couple of drinks. Once the kids were in bed we tried to decide on a movie, eventually settling for Poltergeist – which I have never watched, believe it or not. I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. We debated whether it would have turned out better if it had been made now instead and decided it would not have turned out as good.

We turned in at about 3, and it was not long after that when I could hear noises outside… two guys and a girl were walking down the street dragging a vacuum cleaner behind them! I mean, who does that at 3.30 in the morning?!

I managed to drop off about 5 (the sofa wasn’t comfy and it was warm) only to get woken up at 7 by the younger kids trying playing in the lounge room. The others got up about 10 & I cooked us some scrambled eggs.

Walrus & Belinder headed to Mandurah to pick up her ex husband because he was going to stay with the kids while she & the oldest drove to Geraldton for the funeral on Tuesday.

The three of us didn’t leave for Perth until after 9. I had to drop them off in Kalamunda as Belinder was going to drive her dad’s ute up – her car wouldn’t have made the long drive.

I ended up getting home about 2 in the morning and didn’t surface until midday.

No comments: