Monday 22 March 2010

Wild Weather

Today I was over at Mum’s again helping make lemon meringue pie’s… yummo!

I had no sooner gotten home when the hail and lightning started. I was watching the hail storm from my bedroom window hitting my poor car in the carport.

Then there was a lull before the next front came through and dropped so much rain. My poor front garden was flooded and even more worryingly my courtyard was flooding – not a good thing when it is pretty much level with the back door.

I ended up with water inside, damaging the carpet, so I got onto the property manager and left a message.

The other residents were outside inspecting the damage and three of us have issues with our carport ceilings – my immediate neighbour especially (although he wasn’t home).

I made sure my candles were all lit just in case, but luckily the power didn’t go off all night.

No comments: