Wednesday 21 December 2005

Dental Work

I've just been back to the dentist for some more fillings (see post Medical Forms), because the last time I went, he told me that I needed some done before Christmas; otherwise I would have ended up with a massive toothache or worse, needing a root canal!

I had the dreaded needle, but honestly, this guy is good because I didn't feel a thing. The only thing I don't like is how half your face is numb for a good couple of hours. Even my ear was numb! Now that was a very strange sensation trying to scratch inside my ear!

It's also really weird when the anesthetic starts to wear off, not to mention you start to feel the pain in your jaw. My whole chin/lower lip were itching like mad for the good part of an hour.

The best thing is, I've still got 2 more filling filled visits before my treatment is completed! That will teach me to have regular checkups (not every 2-3 years)!

Now I'll just pop some painkillers & head off to bed. Hopefully I will be able to eat solid food tomorrow!

2 comments:

Maverick said...

Hi,
My name is Mikael and I'm from Brazil. I was in the homepage of blogspot when I see your blog appearing, so I entered to view it. I liked it so much that I'll favorite you here. Is it okay for you ? Thanks =)

Dette said...

Thanks!

Glad you like it! *chuffed*