Wednesday 28 December 2005

Road Blitz

The police were saying that over the Christmas/New Year's period there would be a strong presence in force with radar's and booze buses.

I'd just like to say that is a crock!

I drove from Joondalup to Port Kennedy and back during the Christmas break and did not go through one radar nor booze bus or even see one police car the entire trip!

Nor have I seen them when I have been out doing my (very) last minute shopping every late night shopping day since last week. I think I have only seen maybe 3 police cars since Thursday when the "official" Christmas period started.

I was almost side-swiped on my way home from Port Kennedy because some idiot didn't have enough room to pull in front of me to overtake a car with a trailer. Luckily I guessed that he was going to try to squeeze between the two of us, so disaster avoided (narrowly!).

A strong police presence? I think not.


No comments: