Sunday 4 December 2005

An Extra Long Weekend

I've been off work since Thursday, just so I could see the latest Harry Potter film. Sad isn't it? My logic was that I was always going to have the Thursday off to see it, so I may as well have the Friday off too.

I loved the film, but was disappointed that they weren't more true to the book about some things which I think will be important for the rest of the series. But that is just me.

Friday I partook in some retail therapy before coming home and dashing out for my work's building Christmas party (make sense?). The theme was Las Vegas, and boy, there were some brave women there! I was greeted in our basement by 3 lovely showgirls wearing full regalia (think Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality 2 in the Mini) and a full size roulette table.

I only stayed for 15 minutes until I could track down my workmate whom I'd planned on going with. It turns out that she was at the train station, just about to go home because I was running late (damn train). We ended up walking through David Jones & Myer to check out their Christmas displays - Myer wins hands down - on our way home.

On my way home I decided to treat myself to some Baskin Robbins ice-cream. I sat in my car at my local regional park and watched the kangaroos coming out to feed at dusk. It was extremely relaxing.

On Sunday I caught up with a friend for a pub lunch and a movie - Flightplan. Predictable, but good. I loved the previews! I want to see Memoirs of a Geisha and Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I think I'd like to read the books for both first before seeing them.
So, that was my weekend! Now I have to work up the enthusiasm for work tomorrow - yay work!

No comments: