Sunday 29 January 2006

Catch Up With Chook

On my way to work on Friday, I received a text from Chook (refer to previous post Return To Sender ), wanting to catch up for coffee if I wasn't working that day. I replied, saying that Sunday's are my only free day, and that she could ring me at home before midday on Saturday to finalise plans.

Come Saturday afternoon, while I was having a nanna nap (jest if you will but I was tired and planned on a big night out that evening), she rings me on my mobile. We arranged to meet at a cafe` in Osborne Park.

We used to be really close. I was going to be a bridesmaid at her wedding until I pulled out - but that is another story!

We chatted for over an hour, just catching up on what has happened in our lives over the past few years - work, holidays etc.

It was nice to catch up. I don't think we'll ever be close friends as we were before, but I'd like to keep in contact, and catch up every so often for a coffee and chat.

No comments: