Sunday 8 January 2006

Sunday Beach Picnic

I finally managed to catch up with my elusive friend whom I haven't seen since October - boy does time fly!

We took a picnic lunch down to Hillarys and just sat and chatted while her younger brother went swimming. We also partook in one of my favourite activities - people watching!

It amazed me how many young girls were there with inch thick make-up plastered on. And their clothes... don't get me started! I saw two girls, who must both go to the hairdresser together, because their hair was peroxided the same colour and they both had the same hairstyle. They also had almost identical outfits (different colours though) and pretty much the same accessories: sunglasses, jewellery and matching handbags. Clones!

All in all it was a nice day, even though it was overcast for most of the time, and humid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dette,

Here's another comment for you :) Been checking out your blog and lovin it.

Oooo don't get me started on what girls are wearing today...
It drives me insane.

Dette said...

Thanks!

I know! Don't you just want to slap them?

It's the bad 80's fashions that they seem to be wearing.