Tuesday 3 January 2006

Internet Problems

I went to connect to the internet tonight when I noticed that my username had suddenly changed and also the dial up number changed.

I tried 2 or 3 times to correct the information myself, then I decided to delete the internet connection and set up a new one. I tried this a couple of times, but for some reason, my username and the dial up number kept changing back to the new one. I had also tried restarting the computer in between.

In the end I called my ISP who talked me through changing the details in the Control Panel & updating the info in Network Connections. I tried to tell him that I had already tried this several times already but it still kept changing back to these alien details.

In the end I finally got it fixed - after having deleted the connection info, restarting the computer, deleting cookies & then re-establishing an internet connection.

I do not know what is going on! I have only been having problems since I changed antivirus programs. The one I have is SUPPOSED to be THE BEST, but it is driving me insane!

No comments: